Welcome! Link to the current issue here:
* * * * *
(SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED)
MoJo! is the sister journal to Hidden Charm Press, publishing Black women’s poetry, flash memoir, and flash social commentary.
No particular poetry style is preferred, but a journalistic perspective in memoir and/or social commentary is not wanted. We want to hear your unique voice and opinion!
Queries are welcome. You can e-mail, but the Facebook page is faster.
- There is no reading fee for the journal, nor is there payment for publication.
- Submissions are currently accepted only via e-mail, with your submission pasted in the body of the e-mail. The only attachment that will be opened is your photo.
- Use Times New Roman 12, single-spacing, and include a short bio and a jpeg photo. Give the work a title, and write your name in the e-mail exactly as you would like it to appear.
- No simultaneous submissions or work that is currently published on the Internet. (If it is on your personal blog or website or on a writing workshop site, that’s fine, but by submitting your work here, you are agreeing to remove it elsewhere if accepted for publication in MoJo!)
- If published, you are agreeing not to publish it elsewhere on the Internet for three years, and Hidden Charm Press reserves the right to re-publish your work in future anthologies without compensation. You retain your copyright!
- FYI: Rarely will rhyming poetry, religious writings, or vitriolic political works be published. Vulgarity, gratuitous violence, and bigotry will not be appreciated, much less published. HCP is pro-Black women, not anti-everybody else.
Send to: email@example.com
Mignon Ariel King, Publisher & Editor